“Where can I go to share my pain and struggle? Will anyone listen to me? How can I find hope in my struggle? I’m alone and afraid to tell anyone what’s really in my heart.”
Such thoughts and questions plague many Christians. The discipleship and prayer ministry of Living Waters addresses the roots of sexual and relational issues that ensnare Christians into unhealthy living.
Why would someone go to Living Waters? If you are struggling with…
- Marital problems
- Effects of abuse
- Poor boundaries
- Sexual addiction or promiscuity
- Inability to trust
- Anger or unforgiveness
- Gender identity issues
- Unwanted same-sex attraction
- Shame and self-hatred
Living Waters provides a thoughtful and safe place to look at the ways we’ve become ensnared. Through weekly times of worship, teaching and small group prayer, our program leaders walk with participants in their struggle so they can live in freedom and truth. We pray for God’s healing to restore broken areas of life so that people can “love well” as God intended.
Living Waters is a 20 week closed group for men and women seeking healing in their lives. It is an intensive and unique small group. Ultimately, we learn how to press into Jesus more deeply, allowing Him to meet our needs and transform us for His Kingdom purposes. With groups all over the world, and with over thirty years of ministering God’s healing love, the Living Waters program is a proven path of healing.
Through the worship, teaching, prayer and small groups of Living Waters we learn about:
• God’s powerful love for us and how Jesus is central to our hope for wholeness
• The depth of our brokenness and our profound need for Him
• The power of the cross to restore our souls, sexuality and relationships
• The process of walking out our healing
• Our place in the church and loving others honorably
How is Living Waters Presented?
Living Waters is a 20-lesson program taught in a closed-group format. The leaders have been trained and a confidentiality policy is in place to help ensure trust and safety.
Each meeting includes:
WORSHIP – We focus our attention and praise on God rather than our problems.
THE WORD – Living Waters’ teachings combine biblical truths and psychological insights that help us to know God and ourselves better.
THE WORKS OF JESUS – Through healing prayer in large and small group settings, we invite the Holy Spirit to heal our various wounds. We bring our sins, and those committed against us, to the Lord who is faithful to set us free.
BOTH GENDERS REPRESENTED – We value men and women working out their healing together. Great healing comes as men and women minister and receive alongside one another in worship, teaching and prayer in the large group(though the small groups are same-sex). This reflects God’s intention and character. Foundational to Living Waters is the reality that God created us in His image as male and female.
Is Living Waters for Me?
You may want to consider participating in Living Waters if the following statements describe you:
- A desire to deepen your relationship with Christ
- A willingness to face the sinfulness of your present state and the painful realities that led you there. This involves exploring hurts from your past specifically related to key people in your life, such as your parents
- A willingness to be open and honest with others about your brokenness, including sexual feelings and practices, as well as issues of identity and emotional immaturity
- A desire to grow in the truth that you are God’s gift to others in your gender and sexual self
- A willingness to receive the healing ministry of the Holy Spirit in these deep areas
- A desire and willingness to walk out of sinful patterns
- A desire to grow in your relationship in the body of Christ
- A desire to become a good gift to your local church
What will I learn?
Living Waters uses a detailed guidebook that includes teachings, questions and additional readings that help us move from brokenness to maturity. Some topics addressed include:
- Acknowledging our need for God
- Receiving God’s love
- Discovering who we are designed to be as relational and sexual beings made in God’s image
- The power of the cross and confession
- Renouncing our idols
- Reconciliation between men and woman
- How to deal with the pain in your life
- The power of forgiving others and ourselves
- Learning how to set healthy boundaries
- Healing of father, mother and foundational wounds
- Healing from abuse
- The roots of gender brokenness
- Understanding and overcoming addiction
- Embracing the church as our healing community
- Building healthy relationships over the course of a lifetime
“God used Living Waters to expose the roots of the broken patterns in my life so I could truly begin to heal for the first time.” – LW Participant
How much does Living Waters cost?
Program costs vary by location. Contact your local leader for the specific cost.
Is Living Waters really a 20 week program? Why?
Yes. Living Waters is indeed a 20 week program. The length of the program allows for participants to deepen trust in God and others.
Does Living Waters has a confidentiality policy?
Living Waters is a closed-group format. A confidentiality policy is enforced to ensure trust and safety in the small groups.